The scope of this KPI includes water use at facilities that manufacture beauty and personal care products for sale in the United States. Activities for products sold in other regions are not to be considered
If your organization reports to CDP or is able to determine its water use intensity then answer either B or C, not both.
- For B, enter the most recent CDP letter score for company-owned or contract manufacturing facilities. THis score must have been earned within 12 months of the completion date of this questionnaire.
- You may caluclate C1 using product-specific data or estimate intensity via facility data that is not product specific. If using product-specific data, calculate C1 as the average of each product's water use intensity, weighted by the mass of each product.
- If using facility data, calculate C1 as the average of each final manufacturing facility's water use intensity, weighted by the total mass of final product produced. If the manufacturing facilities produce more than one category of product, only weight using the total weight of production specific to beauty and personal care products.
- Calculate C2 as the mass of beauty and personal care products sold in the United States for which you are able to obtain data, divided by total mass of beauty and personal care products sold in the United States produced, then multiply by 100.
- Perform these calculations using data from a 12-month period that ended within 12 months of the completion date of this questionnaire.
- The data required for CDP's 2018 Water Information Request, question W1.2 Company-Wide Water Accounting or W5.1 Facility Level Water Accounting, or GRI's Water Disclosure Standard (GRI 303-1: Water 2016, Total Water Withdrawal by Source), can be used to answer this question.
This program assists in the measuring and reporting of carbon emissions and water use.
The CDP Water Information Request provides questions that assess a company's water use, goals, and management. The report provided by CDP provides the overview of the results from companies responding to the request. CDP can be contacted to respond to the Water Information Request.
The GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines provide a standard set of metrics for companies to report on material environmental, social, and economic impacts, actions, and outcomes.
Company-owned or contract manufacturing facilities: Facilities responsible for manufacturing and assemby of final products, whether these facilities are internal or external to the respondent's organization.
Public Disclosure: Voluntary corporate reporting, sustainability reporting programs, or reporting as part of regulatory compliance.
Water Use: The total withdrawals from municipal and private water providers, surface water, groundwater or wells.